Product Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Product Support Engineer is a critical member of the Technical Assistance Center, partnering with customers to ensure they are using Bandwidth’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs. This role is a key differentiator for Bandwidth in the marketplace. The Product Support Engineer will be a primary source of knowledge for customers and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for complex integration questions. This team member will also assist as a second-level escalation for integration questions from existing customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and customer-facing training and documentation.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support in the use and implementation of Bandwidth’s API’s for Telephone Number Management, Voice Call Control, SMS / MMS Messaging, and Order Management.
- Support new customers as they onboard to Bandwidth with services such as Microsoft Teams and other bring your own carrier (BYOC) solutions.
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise for customers in the first six months of their product life cycle.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the effectiveness of customer facing documentation.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Customer Experience team about documentation and support interface enhancement needs.
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product, Customer Experience, and Technology teams
- Actively drive customer issues and analysis to pinpoint issues including cross-functional utilization of Technical Support (TAC), Network Operations (NOC), Engineering, Customer Account Management, and Product Management.
What You Need:
- Strong understanding of network protocols including SIP, TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP(S).
- Familiarity with e911 call flows.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of data structures and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience
- Familiarity with software development and concepts, including debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#)
- Two years of experience supporting voice and messaging networks.
- Knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal & written)
- Outstanding customer service skills
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.