Project Manager (Software Engineering)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We are seeking a Project Manager (Software Engineering) to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive many of our initiatives from conception through to commercialization. To succeed in this position, you must be able to effectively lead technical projects in a dynamic, evolving industry and communicate with diverse groups within the organization including Product Management, Engineering, and Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with partners across the organization to deliver projects that support Bandwidth’s strategic direction
- Lead and drive a portfolio of concurrent projects consisting of multiple teams from initial planning through to delivery
- Manage complex interdependencies, and act as a central point for the escalation and resolution of issues
- Serve as a radiator of information; communicate milestones, progress, issues, and status regularly to stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of processes and tools for both your teams, as well as to advance the mission of the Delivery Office
- Work with teams in adopting Agile practices and mindsets through a combination of coaching and having a deep understanding of agile ways of working
What You Need:
- BS/BA in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of managing technical projects, at least 2 of which are in an agile environment or as a part of an agile team
- Have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, as well as knowledge of agile software development practices, and frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Have experience working with technical teams. You don’t need to be able to write code, but you need to be able to follow technical discussions and bridge conversations between teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders across all levels including at the executive level
- Demonstrable experience with program/project management tools (project status, dashboard reporting, Gantt/planning tools, etc)
- A love of learning, along with an ability to work independently and operate with limited oversight
- Solid computer skills with a strong knowledge of MS Office, Google Docs
- Ability to travel 1-2 times a year
- Experience with Agile transformations
- Professional certifications such as a PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, etc.
- Scrum Master, or Product Owner experience
- Familiarity with Jira and Google’s suite of productivity tools
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.