Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Regulatory Counsel to come and join our International Regulatory Team, based in Dublin, Brussels or London as we continue with exciting projects, facilitating communication worldwide. This is a maternity cover role for a fixed term of 6 months.
As a Regulatory Counsel, you are responsible to ensure legal and regulatory compliance in the countries of the coverage under your responsibility. You will provide daily legal and regulatory advice with regards to Bandwidth services, advising different business units and actively following up on any legal and regulatory changes that may impact the business.
You will propose the actions to be taken in order to ensure compliance of Bandwidth services with the applicable laws in countries of coverage. You will negotiate different types of service agreements with suppliers, as well as interconnection agreements. You will provide support with regards to any legal or regulatory research, analysis or project to the business units and maintain all processes and regulatory information up to date. You will report to the Associate General Counsel.
What You’ll Do:
Advice and compliance
- Be responsible for maintenance of the regulatory conditions of the countries and service coverage under responsibility;
- Analyze the regulatory framework in countries under responsibility, monitor and advise changes in the law that affect Bandwidth activities, advice on regulatory conditions and risks;
- Research and draft regulatory analyses on key projects and topics;
- Answer to internal and external questions linked to a country under responsibility;
- Liaise with appropriate authorities;
- Foster compliance with licensing and numbering usage conditions in countries under responsibility;
- Advice about obligations associated with the usage of specific numbering resources;
- Review and negotiate supplier agreements linked to services in the country of coverage;
- Review public consultations relevant to Bandwidth services and draft position papers;
- Provide support to the Regulatory Operations with regards to law enforcement authority’s requests or regulatory operations issues.
- Provide adequate support to the business units, as the case may be, on specific projects with regulatory impact.
- Create and maintain up-to-date regulatory compliance documentation for each country of coverage under responsibility.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in law.
- At least 2 to 5 years of regulatory work experience within the electronic communications market.
- Fluent in English. Any other European language is a strong plus.
- Exposure to electronic communications regulations in Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin America (LATAM), and knowledge and understating of voice over IP technologies and cloud communications networks are a plus.
- Happy to work in an international tech company with colleagues all around the globe.
- Outstanding level of IT literacy.
- Fast learner and able to grasp complex issues rapidly and accurately.
- Self-starter with self-driven initiative to continue learning.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Analytically minded with a strong eye for details.
- Takes ownership and goes above and beyond a given mission to achieve company goals.
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Able to work in an organized and structured manner.
- Proactive, dynamic and hands-on approach.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 5% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Commute to work scheme. Allows you to make huge savings on the cost of Rail and Dublin City Bus (monthly or annual) tickets by deducting the amount directly from your gross salary, saving you between 28.5% and 52%, depending on ticket type and your tax band
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
EU Pay Transparency
EU Compensation Range