Sr. Sales Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Sr. Sales Support Engineer (SE) is a mid-level position within the Sales/Solutions Engineering department, focused on opportunities in the Enterprise market segment. The SE will be involved in deep, technical discussions with prospects, customers and internal teams, with goals to help create and deliver world-class solutions. The SE will serve as subject matter experts for our sales teams, our prospects, and our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical pre-sale support to Enterprise-focused sales teams.
- Partner with the Sales organization, Product Management, Product Marketing and Developers to create and deliver solutions to prospects and customers
- Gather, analyze, and share customer technical information and feedback
- Gain trust and influence customer buying process with technical knowledge and consultative selling skills
- Create and maintain design and integration guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our solutions and products
- Deliver product-specific training to the Sales organization
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Bandwidth’s products and services
- Provide product portal demos as necessary
- Interface with Bandwidth’s Sales Engineering specialists to appropriately manage sales opportunities
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in telecom engineering and/or pre-sales engineering with direct customer-facing responsibility. Experience working with Global Service Providers. Experience with Bandwidth APIs/SDKs.
- VoIP/telecom experience required
- Understand Bandwidth partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Strong understanding of software architecture and API design
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Professional written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to convey information clearly to help account representatives position our products and solutions, and help customers make buying decisions
- Ability to document complex issues in simple terms
- Aptitude to determine the most important benefits and articulate the value of our solutions
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- Customer and field experience
- Be flexible and able to function in a high-growth environment
- Ability to work well with all teams across the company
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.