Scrum Master Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Scrum Master Intern to join our team for Summer 2022 who wants to explore an exciting career coaching cross-functional technology teams; helping them be a little better everyday. This person will ideally have great facilitation skills, is empathetic, and loves learning. An understanding of how technology teams work, or a background in working with agile frameworks such as Scrum, is a bonus.
What You’ll Do:
You will partner closely with an experienced Scrum Master and together work to support a couple cross-functional delivery teams. Together you’ll help facilitate team ceremonies, identify impediments or issues affecting your teams, and help the teams self-reflect. In addition, this role will partner with our agile community, contributing to how we work through either process changes, creating new tools, or running experiments. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to learn about how technology products get made, as well as increase your facilitation and communication skills.
What You Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a candidate for an undergraduate or graduate degree, and your great work ethic is
exemplified by your strong academic record
- You’re a people person. You’re energized to work with others, and want to help build great teams
- You love helping others, and are a great listener
- You like having a new challenge every day
- You can work independently with minimal instructions, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have an interest in technology. You don’t have to be able to write code but you are able to
follow discussions between team members
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.