Senior Application Developer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for folks with Java and frontend experience to come and join us to build world class data-driven systems and applications for our customers. You will join one of our small multi-disciplinary teams that are collaborating on great user experiences for our customers and internal users. For this position, we are looking for people near our locations in Dublin, Ireland, or Iași, Romania.
What You’ll Do:
• Build robust, manageable, and scalable back-ends in Java 11 & Spring Boot, and intuitive front-end applications in Angular 10+.
• Work with your teammates to analyse and break down desired product goals into small deliverable units, and deliver end to end with product management and stakeholders.
• Help maintains our legacy applications, mainly using Java 8 & JSF, leaving the codebase in a better state after each visit, and working to decommission these as needed.
• When problems and bugs arise, quickly tackle the issue and create automatic tests to avoid the problem again in the future.
• Proactively look for ways to make Bandwidth better.
What You Need:
Developers in our team with this role typically have these attributes:
• Many years of industry experience building Java-Hibernate-Spring apps and proficiency with Spring Boot.
• Understanding of software engineering concepts such as common data structures and algorithms, design patterns, database concepts, REST services, CI/CD, etc.
• A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance, knowledge of test automation.
• Enjoy working in highly collaborative teams, sharing details of issues and progress, and helping the team continually improve.
• Able to communicate clearly in English.
At Bandwidth, we make a “Whole Person Promise” to our employees. We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work, a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fun and international environment
• Competitive salary
• Frequent company events and socials
• Free healthy snacks and drinks, organic coffee for the caffeine addicts!
• Health insurance
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.