Senior Commercial Attorney
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies lie Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a talented and collaborative Senior Commercial Attorney who is passionate about building relationships, mentoring team members, celebrating every deal that closes, and embracing change in a high-growth tech environment. This job is for the individual who has extensive experience collaborating with the business and understands what it takes to successfully support large-scale clients and partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a partner to the business, interacting daily with senior executives, customers, partners and other internal clients across multiple organizations – including Sales, Finance, Product, Operations, Security and Customer Success
- Support the Commercial Legal Team’s goal of implementing process and technology improvements by driving strategic business initiatives focused on efficiently scaling a global business
- Report to the VP of Commercial Legal
What You Need:
- J.D. with strong academic credentials
- 7-10 years of relevant legal experience, with 5+ years negotiating complex technology transactions in-house (e.g., XAAS)
- Exceptional analytical, drafting and communication skills
- The ability to quickly absorb and evaluate novel issues, and the energy to craft creative legal and business solutions to problems
- A passion for mentorship, training and developing team members
- The ability to distill a complex legal issue into digestible concepts that facilitate a non-lawyer’s appreciation of the issue and the associated risk
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational, functional and geographic boundaries, and to reconcile opposing perspectives
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and setting expectations with internal clients
- Authenticity, sound judgment, and a sense of humor
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.