Senior Global Compensation Analyst
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Senior Global Compensation Analyst is a key partner in the development and management of Bandwidth’s global compensation program. Bandwidth’s Compensation team is committed to combining best practice Compensation theory with creative real-world solutions to serve the business with innovative, impactful programs. The Sr Global Compensation Analyst will build and maintain close relationships with US and Global business leaders, HR Business Partners, Finance stakeholders, and our other Compensation/Benefits team members to provide meaningful day-to-day management of Bandwidth’s compensation programs. This is a strategic role that also includes hands-on work for active job benchmarking, market analysis, job family & career progression design, and managing the global pay structure for both cash compensation as well as stock compensation. This role also supports annual processes including merit and performance review, MBO payments processes, and stock compensation grants.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze Bandwidth’s global markets and make recommendations for a global pay structure including established pay grades for each global Bandwidth location.
- Evaluate and benchmark US and global jobs.
- Partner with senior leaders on special projects including team compensation reviews, market adjustments, and the design/expansion of new/existing bonus programs.
- Assess market conditions and pay practices to ensure competitiveness of compensation plans and programs. Analysis of market data, to recommend and make updates to salary structures and salary increase guidelines.
- Maintain the Payscale/Mercer salary administration system and further improve & evolve Bandwidth’s job description record-keeping. In partnership with Bandwidth’s Workday Administrator, evolve and develop our use of the compensation platform in our HRIS portal (Workday).
- Create effective communications and partner with the Sr Director of Compensation & Benefits to train and educate PS Team, managers and Bandmates (US and Global) on compensation programs and practices through formal and informal training as well as one-on-one counseling.
- Guide HR Business Partners and US/Global business leaders on using compensation policies, practices and guidelines to optimize how compensation can support the talent objectives of the business unit.
- Partner with other Compensation & People Analytics team members to create reports and metrics for People Services and Senior Management as needed.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- 5+ years experience as a compensation professional in a fast-paced environment (prefer global experience in a publicly traded tech company) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of best compensation practices including: job analysis, documentation, and evaluation; pay structure design and implementation; and knowledge of global markets and global pay practices.
- General knowledge of/familiarity with Finance and Accounting practices helpful.
- Must have proficient experience with salary surveys and with HRIS reporting and optimization.
- Expert Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate data-driven recommendations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of team members across the business, including excellent listening skills, and creativity in developing business solutions.
- Payscale experience a plus
- Workday experience
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) or GCP (Global Compensation Professional) preferred.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.