Senior Internal Auditor
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for evaluating existing processes, assisting in implementation of new processes, and making recommendations to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and internal controls. This role will be exposed to a broad range of areas across the business and the candidate should have the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of process owners to achieve desired results. This candidate should also have experience with SOX, financial business process and operational review projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with execution of the SOX compliance program including business process, automated controls, and some ITGC procedures. Skilled at performing SOX readiness procedures as a result of new business acquisition, system migration and other new projects or initiatives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with co-source partner and external auditors to allow for a more efficient SOX audit strategy.
- Provide internal control advisory services to management to assist with improving the controls and business processes. Communicate and educate process owners on best practice for efficient and well-designed controls.
- Make recommendations for remediation of internal control deficiencies, follow up on remediation action plans, and test for effectiveness.
- Effectively document results of procedures performed to support conclusions reached and prepare reports for issuance to control owners and management.
- Balance requirements of a strong internal control environment with the flexibility and efficiency of a fast-growing environment.
- Assist with implementation of data analytics program and execute audit procedures using data analytic procedures.
- Exhibit the skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Establish strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise sound judgment and objectivity.
What You Need:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field
- CPA, CIA or other relevant professional designation required
- 3-5 years of public accounting or combination of public and internal audit experience
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of internal auditing standards, COSO guidance and SOX compliance requirements
- High personal standards for integrity and professional ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced and growing business environment
- Propensity to operate independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use awareness of business activity to determine impact on business and translate to valuable advisory and audit guidance
- Intellectual curiosity and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas; exposure to automated controls and IT auditing procedures preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.