Marketing Automation Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Bandwidth is looking for a passionate, data-driven marketer to lead our marketing automation initiatives. You will be asked to optimize our automation efforts, email effectiveness, while growing and scaling our efforts, enabling Bandwidth to grow through more targeted, personalized marketing at scale.
You’ll be challenged with learning our products and the unique demographics of our customers to continually align our content with user needs and provide the right message to the right person at the right time. The Marketing Automation Specialist will work closely with all members of the marketing team, product marketing, customer success, and Sales representatives. You will be asked to pivot between your strategic side and technical side, as well as pivot between prospect and customer communications. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the strategy of marketing automation requests from internal customers. These requests range from single emails, multi-step nurture campaigns, webinar, event pre/post programs, and other miscellaneous requests from internal Bandwidth customers., leading the team to create and execute various email campaigns, including owning the calendar and schedule across all sends
- Create and optimize all aspects of programs and automation including developing Marketing Campaigns, creating Smart Lists, uploading lead lists and data clean-up
- Continually analyze and optimize campaigns with an eye towards repeatable and scalable processes
- Track and regularly report to key stakeholders on current email performance and how different email campaigns influence leads, opportunities and won revenue
- Display strong creative writing capabilities that allow you to collaborate with, but not always depend on, other teammates for email copy
- Balance the needs of our users with those of internal stakeholders to optimize the customer experience, while servicing the needs of our organization
- Hone our audience segmentation to drive email effectiveness, working with the broader team on the segmentation definitions
- Continually improve upon marketing email templates, HTML knowledge a must, CSS a bonus
- Work with the team to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization and to improve performance benchmarks, report out to the broader team
- Move beyond simply identifying opportunities to getting your hands dirty in our campaigns on a daily basis…lead and do
- Maintain a high level of output, while balancing regularly changing data and priorities
- Work with other members of the marketing team to continually grow the marketing database
- Deliver a regular stream of warm leads to our Sales team
- Iterate on existing workflows, lead generation and nurture programs
- Champion marketing automation initiatives throughout the organization
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years Marketing Automation Experience
- Demonstrable experience using marketing automation systems (Marketo)
- Experience testing in email tools, design/creative knowledge and understanding, analysis and reporting, understanding of email best practices.
- Ability to sift through data to identify actionable insights.
- Comfort with adapting to regularly changing priorities.
- A passion to continuously learn all things marketing.
- Proficiency utilizing HTML, CSS a huge plus, programmatic setup, Microsoft Excel, CRM experience (Salesforce), Strong interpersonal communication and creative writing skills.
- WordPress, Photoshop
- MCE a huge plus.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.