Senior Program Manager (Software Engineering)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager (Software Engineering) who will take a leadership role in the management of key internal and external portfolios, programs, and projects, driving product development and large customer implementation objectives to achieve corporate goals. The successful candidate will be positive, energetic, committed, and adaptable and have the ability to inspire and influence with a willingness to take on challenges independently. Ultimately, we are looking for an excellent team player that demonstrates by example and drives organizational accountability and efficiency.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior Product leadership to build the right products to meet strategic objectives
- Manage a portfolio of products and initiatives for a product segment or domain
- Manage the value stream of your portfolio to meet company strategic objectives
- Drive value stream alignment and alignment between teams, domains, and market segments
- Work cross-functionally across the business.
- Partner with product management to measure and monitor business value by evaluating ROI
- Drive alignment, prioritization, roadmaps, overall planning, and execution of deliveries
- Work cross-functionally to establish and manage successful delivery across the complete business initiative with complex interdependencies
- Foresee, manage, and raise appropriate visibility to risks and issues; own definition and execution of mitigation/contingency plans
- Build, support and maintain strong relationships across the organization to unite and prepare stakeholders for the change/delivery
- Ensure technical delivery, operational readiness across Bandwidth, and go-to-market launch activities are in sync for overall program delivery
- Improve existing standards and adhere to those standards for program management, including processes, methodologies, metrics and reporting to ensure the development and use of program management
- Develop new capabilities around the organization that change and improve organizational performance
- Manage a Portfolio, Programs or Projects as required
- Manage Organizational change
- Be a change agent
- Be an advisor for Portfolio, Program, and Project Management practices
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years program management experience
- Professional certifications: Project Management Professional preferred, or other certifications/training in a form of Agile, Scaled Agile, e.g. SAFe
- Experience partnering and collaborating with product, technology, and other business teams to collectively deliver on business and strategic goals
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Experience with Agile methodology and mindset
- Ability to adapt and maneuver in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills at all levels, including executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Critical thinker and solution-oriented problem solver
- Strong negotiator
- Experience in software development and/or telephony
- Technical discipline background / degree
- Knowledge of software development, Enterprise software delivery
- Familiarity with JIRA and Google’s suite of productivity tools
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.