Senior Software Developer (Messaging)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Let’s face it… People read text messages, more than any other medium, which is why we are the fastest growing segment in Bandwidth.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer who will lead by example in designing and developing world-class, highly scalable, cloud based applications that allow customers to provision, send, receive, and track billions of messages.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, deliver and support highly scalable, cloud based applications
- Contribute to solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value.
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems.
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate.
What You Need:
You are the right candidate if…
- You are very passionate about your craft of building services with programming languages such as Java, C#, or Go
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience and application reliability
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
- You have a proven history of leading by example through your design and implementation
- You enjoy mentoring others
- You are consistently innovating while actively reducing the complexity and increasing scalability and security across the software you develop
- You enjoy having your head in the Cloud (particularly the AWS Cloud)
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND..
- You have expertise in Java and Spring.
- You’ve built and deployed applications for the cloud, preferably AWS.
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization.
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.