Senior Software Developer (Messaging)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth is looking for collaborative full-stack engineers who are excited about helping us build highly scalable solutions that enable companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom to communicate more effectively with their customers. In joining Bandwidth, you’ll join a global communications software company that was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
About this position
Let’s face it… People read text messages, more than any other medium, which is why we are the fastest growing segment in Bandwidth.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Messaging) who will lead by example in designing and developing world-class, highly scalable, cloud based applications that allow customers to provision, send, receive, and track billions of messages.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, deliver and support highly scalable, cloud based applications
- Contribute to solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value.
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems.
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate.
What We Are Looking For:
You are the right candidate if…
- You are very passionate about your craft of building services with programming languages such as Java, C#, or Go
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience and application reliability
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
- You have a proven history of leading by example through your design and implementation
- You enjoy mentoring others
- You are consistently innovating while actively reducing the complexity and increasing scalability and security across the software you develop
- You enjoy having your head in the Cloud (particularly the AWS Cloud)
It would also be really great if:
- You have expertise in Java and Spring.
- You’ve built and deployed applications for the cloud, preferably AWS.
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization.
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop and Internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- Mobile allowance
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Meal vouchers and gift vouchers
- Gym reimbursement
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- Free access to a Udemy business licence account to further enhance your learning
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years + Deferred bank holidays (public holidays that fall in weekends can be taken on any other day)
- Bandwidth applies the salary tax exemption to our software programmers
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.