Senior Software Developer (Voice)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Voice) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you
What You’ll Do:
Our product development teams are responsible for developing orchestration, integration, and automation tools that power global communications applications. We’re looking for software developers who will design and develop solutions, from proofs of concept to the production releases.
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- Your team will drive a cloud-first approach to solving some of Bandwidth’s most complex business problems through creating and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all
- Your team will have full end-to-end ownership of the services you create, from design and development to operations and monitoring in production
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, even if you’re not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You Need:
We have opportunities in our teams for developers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically have:
- 6+ years of experience in delivering software solutions in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go)
- Experience delivering RESTful services (to include data persistence)
- The ability to influence your team toward making sound technical decisions
- Experience maintaining and operating highly available cloud services
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization
- You have experience with cloud technologies (AWS in particular for extra points)
- You have experience with CICD tools like Github Actions, Terraform, etc.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop and Internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- Mobile allowance
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Meal vouchers and gift vouchers
- Gym reimbursement
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- Free acces to a Udemy for business licence for enhanced learning
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years + Deferred bank holidays (public holidays that fall in weekends can be taken on any other day)
- Bandwidth applies the salary tax exemption to our software programmers
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.