Service Experience Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Service Experience Specialist is a hybrid role, playing a critical part to align and unify International business units with our North American Business Unit. This role will be responsible for installing current processes,procedures, and content management practices within our International Teams. Responsible for supporting Customer Communications, Support Center Content, and playing an active role in the Customer Communications Task Force.
The role requires a person with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to coordinate across multiple departments, and the ability to assimilate feedback from multiple viewpoints into single customer communication. Additionally, acting member of the Customer Communications Task Force, being responsible for posting near real-time network updates to the public Network Status Page.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a Customer Communications schedule in close coordination with Peers, Marketing, and Product Management teams.
- Author original customer communications based upon requests from Operations, Product Management,or other constituent organizations.
- Activate Customer Communications to targeted audiences using industry-standard and custom tools.
- Proactively manage the feedback and approval process for customer communications drafts, collecting and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholder organizations into a final customer communication document for final approval.
- Investigate and verify the information published in the Bandwidth International Support Portal by connecting with relevant stakeholders to determine content validity and relevance. Working with content stakeholders to update content as needed.
- Utilize existing tooling to organize site content and prompt articles via SEO methods in Zendesk.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in our organization to define the target audience and assemble each contact list to use in the distribution of each customer communication.
- Assist the Service Experience team to update and enhance web-based customer content (articles,widgets, videos) associated with customer communications.
- Approach each customer communication as a small project, of which you are the project manager, leading the overall team through the project while keeping the bigger picture in mind of the overall customer experience.
- Provide support to the Customer Success Teams by helping them triage processes or modify tools in an effort to best serve our customers and internal agents.
- Actively participate and be on-call for the Customer Communications Task Force by providing near-real-time updates during a Network Incident during normal working hours and on-call hours. This will require on-call time (before, during, and after work hours, weekends and holidays, rotating schedule with others), with US-Based Team members ‘covering’ during eastern work hours.
What You Need:
- Strong history of customer communication creation
- Understanding, simplifying and communicating complex information efficiently to broad audiences
- Managing multiple projects with various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communicating highly technical concepts into effective communications
- Communicating well and often to stakeholders to coordinate creative solutions under pressure
- History of generating customer support content
- Experience in managing content, preferable via Zendesk
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be tenacious in your approach to corralling feedback from disparate teams and viewpoints
- Have an insatiable drive to grow, learn new concepts, and question the status quo
- Time management skills – effectively manage deadlines by establishing priorities and timelines
- Be a proactive, positive team-player with an obsessive focus on customer success.
- Must be able to rapidly switch across subject matter, communication products, and stakeholder
- Effective at issue resolution – ability to gain consensus from various viewpoints
- Strategic, critical thinker and decision-maker
- Natural curiosity about the tech and telecommunications space
- Go-getter mentality, team player with strong competitive spirit
- Professional, authentic and naturally conversational approach and person
- Ability to work efficiently with others in different time zones
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Salesforce.com, G Suite, Zendesk, Domo
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.