Site Reliability Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on a self-organized Agile durable team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over automating the complex and love using creativity to eliminate toil, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You’re going to scale and automate our world. You’ll be a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, and a contributing voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts. You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor systems that are both repeatable and reliable. You’ll lead the charge on the next evolution of how we measure and alert on overall system health. You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You Need:
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve spent 2+ years as a software engineer with a passion for operations or a systems engineer with a passion for coding
- You have identified and solved scaling problems through application and infrastructure optimizations
- You have experience with instrumentation, metrics, and observability
- You have automated many manual processes
- You have knowledge and/or experience integrating on-premise with cloud based data stores, tools and solutions
- You know CI/CD oriented build, test and release automation
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re familiar with RDBMS and data warehouse solutions and can troubleshoot performance problems
- You have a track record of identifying problems, distilling the requirements for a solution, and getting buy in from stakeholders
- You’re passionate about overall product health, and leading your team to increase it
- You have experience with a containerization platform like Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker Swarm or Nomad
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices
- You have experience with real-time communications protocols such as SIP, RTP, or webRTC
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.