Site Reliability Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
You will be responsible for the higher layer of our infrastructure and will take end-to-end ownership of their design, implementation, monitoring and solve issues when they arise. The production environment you will be responsible for will span over the multiple POPs we have around Europe, the Americas and Asia.
You will work with development teams to advise, guide and push back when necessary on the various technological decisions we need to make. You will also be involved with our Product team to make sure the Service Level Objectives defined for our product are translated into how you architect our systems.
You are part of a highly skilled and trained team with a vast variety of responsibilities and broad knowledge. You’ll be working with other SREs and Platform engineers but also Network and Switching Engineers and in close relation with architects, project managers, product owners, developers and NOC members. You have a transversal view on all Voxbone projects and could be involved in design discussions from other team’s projects as well.
Because machines never sleep, you also take part in an on-call rotation to solve problems at night and you propose solutions for them to break at night a lot less.
You’ll work as part of a great team of people across San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Iasi, Seoul and Hong Kong.
What does your day look like?
You’ll function as a member of an SRE team, creating bridges with development teams and product teams by advocating good practices, optimizing performance and providing guidance to the most effective solution. You ensure the solution meets all the requirements for availability, security, monitoring, alerting and scaling. You automate, test, challenge and demand to be challenged. You believe in “strong opinions, weakly held” and you’re eager to learn.
What You Need:
You have a very strong knowledge of Linux, ansible and git. On top of those basics, you can check several boxes of the list below:
• MariaDB (+ galera)
Messaging and streaming
• OpenStack ecosystem
• SDS (Ceph, Swift)
• SDN (OVS/OVN, Cisco ACI)
What You Need:
• Master degree in IT or equivalent by experience
• At least three years’ experience in the IT industry
• More than at ease with Linux systems & services
• Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like bash, Python & others
• Recognized knowledge of SQL, database operations and virtualization
• Experience with database management and storage systems
• You care about Security
• Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done
• Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
• You have great communications skills
• You are creative and able to work in a highly critical situation
• Excellent written and oral skills in English, any other languages are always an asset
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fun and international environment
• Competitive salary
• Frequent company events and socials
• Free healthy snacks and drinks, organic coffee for the caffeine addicts!
• Health insurance
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.