Social Media Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Bandwidth Social Media Intern is an opportunity for PR, Communications, or Journalism upperclass students to gain valuable experience and help take their career to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
Concept and create excellent, on-brand social media content for Bandwidth.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to build an editorial calendar that talks about all the right things, including: product updates, customer stories, thought leadership, and Bandwidth culture.
- Write and schedule posts in Sprout Social. Demonstrate attention to detail, making sure to account for all parts of a social post: image, caption, link, preview, etc. And making sure they’re all excellent and error-free.
- Source social content and stories for the Bandwidth platforms. Know what’s happening in our offices and with our teams around the world. Show initiative, creativity, and a strong work ethic in finding the best things to share publicly.
- Think creatively and strategically in terms of content format.
Support Bandwidth’s community management across all social channels.
- Respond to comments, captions, and tags as Bandwidth, expertly speaking in the Bandwidth brand voice.
- Support the Social Media Manager in engaging with analysts and industry influencers on Linkedin and Twitter.
- Respond to direct messages using legally-approved content. Work internally to help answer questions from customers that come via social media.
Measure, report, optimize.
- Perform social listening, including competitor audits, and present insights to the social media team.
- Build social media reports that give meaningful feedback and learnings to the wider marketing team.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent degrees
- 0-3 years experience
- Strong communication skills, including superior writing ability
- Familiarity with LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram required
- Skilled in basic iPhone photography
- Interest in technology preferred
- Familiarity with Google Workspace preferred
- Sprout Social experience is a bonus
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.