Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Architect who is capable of providing hands-on technical leadership on our software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- First and foremost, software architects at Bandwidth are Technical Leaders.
- You’ll help build a culture of continuous learning and improvement by educating and spreading awareness, measuring outcomes, and inspiring excellence in your teammates
- You’ll uphold technical excellence by setting coding best practices, challenging the status quo and routinely asking “Why?”
- You’ll empower teams for success by demonstrating trust, reinforcing with positive feedback, advocating agile principles, being a sounding board for ideas, or giving teams the freedom to fail gloriously.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it including assisting teams with troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- You’ll also collaborate beyond your team, solving problems that impact the entire business.
- You’ll be sought after for expertise on how systems work and will support other teams as they integrate with services.
- You will be working ahead of agile delivery teams:
- You’ll proactively collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements
- You’ll research and create high-level product specifications, design documents, and architectural blueprints
- You’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft. Implementing POC’s and pitching proposals to departments, management, clients, and teams.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You have over-the-top communication, presentation, and collaboration skills that enable you to build positive relationships quickly, influencing peers and leaders alike
- Broad understanding of coding and programming languages
- You have deep expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
- You have experience designing web services and service-oriented architectures
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re very familiar with relational solutions, non-relational solutions, and data modeling
- You’re a champion for automation and continuous delivery practices
- You know how to design software products that offer delightful user experiences
- You’ll have a highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- You have knowledge of Agile development methodologies
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.