Software Developer (Customer Facing Analytics)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Developer (Customer Facing Analytics) who gets things done . This position will require a breadth of skills ranging from software development to cloud technologies. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. You need to be someone who likes to learn new things!
What You’ll Do
You’ll be working with a cross-functional team focused on creating real-time communication insights. Your work will unlock a customer’s ability to gain value obtained through the use of analytics by providing customers with an instant end-to-end view on communication performance through a single pane of glass. You’ll have an opportunity to own and work the entire stack. Your stack includes API’s, cloud integrations, streaming technologies, analytics platforms, and a CICD pipeline.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or lots of experience
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You enjoy working on both back-end and front-end projects
- You have experience with both relational and non-relational database technologies
- You’re excited about automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have experience in developing products in an Agile development environment
- You have an understanding of containerization, orchestration, and cloud services
- You have an understanding of data ingestion pipelines for real-time analytics
- You have an understanding of modern, streaming technologies
- Have familiarity with React
- You have familiarity with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake or Redshift
- You’re comfortable designing, creating, and working with RESTful APIs
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.