Software Developer (Dashboard)
What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services—all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
Our Hiring Philosophy
We hire smart people who get things done, learn from mistakes, and work well with others. We welcome and encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel like you’re 100% a match for the skills listed on this job description – we’ve hired plenty of talented people whose skills didn’t perfectly match the needs of the job, and we’re a better BAND for it!
What We Need
We’re looking for a driven and inquisitive Software Developer for the Dashboard team who loves building things, loves learning things, and aspires to be a great engineer at Bandwidth into the future. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a perpetual learner, and a software artisan. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over API architecture and cloud-based infrastructure, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- Replace our on-prem Java monolith with microservices in AWS
- Work with queueing and notification technology like SQS and SNS
- Automate your devops world through GitHub Actions
- Monitor your services with Data Dog visualizations and synthetics
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have deep expertise in Java and frameworks within the Java ecosystem
- You’re strong in relational database management systems
- You’ve designed and built RESTful APIs, and are comfortable with web protocols
- You’re at home with AWS technologies like EC2, ECS, and RDS
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You’re comfortable with container technologies
- You have experience with observability tools
- You have experience breaking down a monolithic application into microservices
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.