Software Developer (SIP Cloud Integration)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Our department is responsible for developing orchestration, integration, and automation tools that power global communications applications
We’re looking for a Software Developer (SIP Cloud Integration) who will design and develop solutions, from proofs of concept to the production releases.
You are the right candidate if you enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience.
- You will create and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all.
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
- Your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your services, from design to operations and monitoring in production.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, even if you’re not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value.
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems.
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- Applicants should have 2+ years of experience building web services in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go).
- Experience with front-end development, preferably with React.
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST.
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have expertise in Java and Spring.
- You’ve built and deployed applications for the cloud, preferably AWS.
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization.
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.