Software Developer (Voice)
What We Do
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Software Developer who is motivated to learn, develop and collaborate within a highly agile environment. We’re seeking a team oriented self-starter with a goal to become a technology leader in the next 2-3 years.
- You will work with your team to create and maintain split second establishment and handling of inbound call services.
- You and your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your code and apps, from design to develop to operations and monitoring in production.
What You’ll Do
In voice, we process billions of calls per month, via a variety of communication channels – empowering customers to communicate reliably, freely and at scale.
- Contribute to solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value.
- Work with a team of software developers with experience in distributed microservices and full stack systems.
- Work closely with product owners to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2+ years of experience designing web services and service-oriented architectures in a modern programming language (Java, C#, or Go).
- An understanding of IP networking and protocols, HTTP, and REST.
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks.
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You know SIP and have built SIP applications before
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.