Software Development Intern (Advanced Data Analytics) – Summer 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Software Development Intern for Summer 2023 to join our Advanced Analytics Data team who has passion for data analytics and machine learning. As a member of a highly skilled team you will get an opportunity not only to write code but also to explore some of the latest technologies like Apache Flink, Sagemaker, Docker and Kubernetes to name a few. You will also collaborate with our Data Science group and explore Machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop great code using technologies such as Java and Python
- Create automation to facilitate self-service around our Analytics platform
- Participate in code reviews
- Gain knowledge on operating and managing Analytics infrastructure components
- Create design & implementation documentation
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with Java, Python, data technologies or data streaming concepts
- Familiarity with Ansible or any other configuration management software
- Familiarity with source code version control and Linux system administration
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.