Software Development Intern (Billing) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (Billing) who gets things done and is capable of growing into a technical leader within the organization. Someone who sleeps, eats and breathes utilizing the cloud to solve complex problems. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new technology, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it
- You’ll take a cloud first approach to solving some of the companies most complex business problems
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and have a voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- You’ll participate in end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team/organization, playing an influential role in overall product design
- You’ll be mentored by other engineers on the team and across the organization
- You’ll innovate in the cloud, utilizing AWS services
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design
- Familiarity with SQL
- Basic knowledge of Git (or another source control system)
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.