Software Development Intern (Customer Experience) – Summer 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission:
On the Customer Experience and Numbers teams, our mission is to build performant, scalable, and precise AWS solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our areas of responsibility include building our global identity/account management systems, billing automation systems, customer portal backends, and SDKs for our customers.
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for an Software Development Intern to join our team for Summer 2023 who gets things done and is capable of being a technical contributor within the Customer Experience or Numbers organizations. Someone who sleeps, eats and breathes utilizing the cloud to solve complex problems. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new technology, we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it
- You’ll take a cloud first approach to solving some of the companies most complex business problems
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and have a voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- You’ll participate in end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team/organization, playing an influential role in overall product design
- You’ll be mentored by other engineers on the team and across the organization
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience in Java, or a related programming language
- Excitement to be exposed to new techniques and technologies
- Interest or experience with public clouds like AWS
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.