Software Development Intern (Customer Facing Analytics) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (Customer Facing Analytics) who gets things done. This position will require a breadth of skills ranging from software development to cloud technologies. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. You need to be someone who likes to learn new things!
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be working with a cross-functional team focused on creating real-time communication insights. Your work will unlock a customer’s ability to gain value obtained through the use of analytics by providing customers with an instant end-to-end view on communication performance through a single pane of glass. You’ll have an opportunity to own and work the entire stack. Your stack includes API’s, cloud integrations, streaming technologies, analytics platforms, and a CICD pipeline.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Compute or equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Passion about the craft of software engineering, writing testable code and your non-complex test automation proves it
- Enjoy working on both back-end and front-end projects
- Excited to learn about both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Excited to learn about automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- You have experience in developing products in an Agile development environment
- You have a high-level understanding of containerization, orchestration, and cloud services
- You have a high-level understanding of data ingestion pipelines for real-time analytics
- You have a high-level understanding of modern, streaming technologies
- You have a high-level familiarity with React
- You have a high-level understanding of designing, creating, and working with RESTful APIs
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.
- Competitive Compensation: $25 – $30 / hour