Software Development Intern (DevX) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (DevX) who is passionate about empowering developers to successfully build applications with Bandwidth’s APIs. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker and never settles with the tools that they’re given. If your idea of fun is contributing to open source projects, creating software so you never need to do a task twice, and working directly with customers, we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be writing code to automate our SDK generation, work with developers to understand their use cases, and use a metrics based approach to improve developer experience for Bandwidth’s customers. You’ll be a member of our Developer Experience team, working closely with our product, business, and software engineering teams to deliver world class developer experiences for our customers. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams to identify customer use cases, execute, and deliver SDKs and documentation to power them. You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- You are passionate about communicating with other developers
- Relentless optimism and customer focus
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub, GitHub Actions is a bonus!
- Contributed to open source projects
- Familiarity with OpenAPI, Swagger, or other API specifications
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.