Software Development Intern (Emergency Voice Services) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (Emergency Voice Services) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our Emergency Voice Services (EVS) software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code and lots of it.
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You Need:
- You’re working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years experience
- You have familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You’re a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for new and better ways to build things
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You have experience writing testable code and test automation patterns
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.
- Competitive compensation: $25 – $30 / hour