Software Development Intern (Numbers) – Summer 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a driven and inquisitive Software Development Intern to join the Numbers API team for Summer 2023 who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that builds highly scalable and reliable software services. We’re seeking somebody who loves building things, love learning things, and aspires to be a great developer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find someone who comes back to join us full time upon graduation.
What You’ll Do:
- Write quality code
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of an elite software development team
- Be a member of our Numbers API team, collaborating to build a new microservice using AWS technologies
- Participate in building and releasing new Numbers features
- Advance your skills as a software developer
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience in Java or a related programming language
- Excitement to be exposed to new techniques and technologies
- Interested or experience with public clouds like AWS
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.