Software Development Intern (Numbers) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a driven and inquisitive Software Development Intern for the Numbers API team, who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that builds highly scalable and reliable software services. We’re seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning things, and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
What You’ll Do:
- Write quality code
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of an elite software development team
- Be a member of our Numbers API team, collaborating with our engineers to build a new microservice using AWS technologies.
- Participate in building and releasing new Numbers features.
- Advance your skills as a software engineer.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience in Java, or a related programming language
- Excitement to be exposed to new techniques and technologies
- Interest or experience with public clouds like AWS
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.