Software Development Intern (R&D) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (R&D) who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that builds highly scalable and reliable software services. We’re seeking somebody who is an innovator, someone who loves researching new ideas loves building things and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If your idea of fun is losing track of time while thinking of the next big thing, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You’re gonna write great code, and experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of an elite software development team. From ideation to implementation, you’ll work with our engineers to create the future products of Bandwidth, Inc. You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skill as a software engineer.
What You Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a candidate for an undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or similar), and your great work ethic is exemplified by your strong academic record
- You’ll be graduating sometime before June of 2022, and looking for full-time employment in that timeframe
- For you, software development is more than an educational path; it’s a passion. You do it in your free time because it’s what you love to do.
- You’re familiar with web technologies and databases. You’ve built working systems that combine these to solve real problems.
- You’ve participated in hackathons, co-ops, or other non-academic software development experiences
- Machine Learning is something you are interested in
- You’re strong with Linux – you run it at home and you’re a wizard with a Bash shell
- You’ve built applications on cloud infrastructures such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Heroku
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.