Software Development Intern (Secure Software Development Lifecycle) – Summer 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern to join us for Summer 2023 who is passionate about empowering developers to deliver and maintain secure products and services. We’re seeking somebody who has a passion for learning and collaborating with other Bandmates to define and improve our software delivery lifecycle from process to tooling.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, identify and deliver adjustments/improvements to software compliance tooling
- Work closely with Software Infrastructure (SWI) team to help define and implement security standards/tooling along the paved road
- Identify/implement opportunities to improve and/or automate audit activities
- Advance your skills as a software engineer and knowledge of secure coding and tooling
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course of study
- Basic knowledge and/or understanding of CI/CD tools
- Excitement to be exposed to new techniques and technologies
- Interest or experience with public clouds like AWS
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.