Software Development Intern (Voice)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (Voice) who is hungry for real-world experience on our Bandwidth Voice API Team. We’re seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning things, and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If you thought all Java code was the same then you would be mistaken. Optimized Java code is critical to the way we process calls and work our network. If you want to learn about and produce code that is highly efficient and extremely performant then we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of a fast-paced software development team working to build new and exciting voice products.
- You’ll collaborate with our engineers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skills as a software engineer.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience or familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design
- Basic knowledge of Git (or another source control system)
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.