Software Development Manager (Messaging)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Software Development Manager (Messaging) who is capable of providing hands-on technical leadership within our software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is passionate about the craft of software development, and who deftly uses their incredible people skills to attain peak quality and performance from their engineering team. If you wake up every day excited to lead and serve your coworkers as they build fantastic products and efficient engineering systems, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead your team through regular and timely coaching, one on ones, career development and support.
- Build on a culture of continuous learning and improvement by having regular retrospectives and post mortems, encourage training and grow your own skills.
- Uphold technical excellence by advocating agile principles, setting coding best practices, challenging the status quo and routinely asking “Why?”
- Empower your team for success whether it is in building the team with new talent, inspiring excellence in your team or giving them the freedom to fail gloriously.
What You’ll Need:
If you’re our person, you probably have these qualities:
- You’re passionate about helping people continuously improve
- You have over-the-top communication and collaboration skills that enable you to build positive relationships quickly, influencing peers and leaders alike
- You’ve led teams in an agile environment and are steeped in the methods of Scrum and Kanban
- You understand technical excellence and what it takes to achieve it
- You’ve had an active role in delivering software solutions
Extra Credit for You:
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have led teams using cloud-based architectures in a scalable manner
- You have familiarity with text messaging technologies
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.
- Competitive compensation: $120,000 – $175,000