Software Development Manager (Programmable)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. We are a publicly listed company (BAND on NASDAQ) backed by a network reaching 60+ countries and covering 90 percent of global GDP. Companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Our Software Development group is a distributed organization with team members located across the US and Europe.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Software Development Manager (Programmable) to join the BAND. You’ll lead from the front by developing and coaching a talented set of engineers to maximize their skills.
What You’ll Do:
Our managers help to empower their teams to build great software following best practices and strong principles. They help build environments where individuals can flourish and be able to try new things and grow.
- Recruit and retain great people
- Mentor engineers and help grow their skills and careers
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a software engineer.
- Your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your services, from design and development to operations and monitoring in production.
- You will work with people and teams from a variety of cultures located in different states and countries.
- Our software teams have a culture of flexible working locations and hours, and your director will work with you to enable this within the team.
What You’ll Need
We have opportunities in our teams for managers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically have:
- 2+ years of people management experience within an Agile environment
- Experience managing teams that design, build, and operate the software they write
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A desire to make everything around you a little better every day
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have experience with helping teams scale and grow with the organization
- Experience building scalable applications in AWS
- Experience building web services in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go).
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.