Software Development Manager (Software Infrastructure)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
As a member of our Software Infrastructure team, you’ll get to build and expand the “paved road” of how software makes its way from our keyboards to our customers. You’ll be responsible for making our Software Engineers happy and productive. We’re looking for people who get excited about building tools and services to improve the day to day experience of our Software Engineers.
Not sure if you’re 100% qualified? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation! But you should be comfortable writing code, digging around in a terminal, and bouncing complex technical ideas off of teammates.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with engineering teams and leaders to help build Bandwidth’s software platform
- Empower your teams to build great software, simply and efficiently.
- Recruit and retain great people
- Mentor engineers and help grow their skills and careers
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a software engineer.
What You Need:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience managing teams operating production infrastructure
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A desire to make everything around you a little better every day
- You have startup experience, or generally work in an environment with independent work and less defined requirements
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams
- You have worked on an infrastructure team in the past
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.