Software Development Manager (Voice)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join the BAND. You’ll lead from the front by developing and coaching a talented set of engineers to maximise their skills.
What You’ll Do:
Our managers help to empower their teams to build great software following best practices and strong principles. They help build environments where individuals can flourish and be able to try new things and grow.
- Recruit and retain great people
- Mentor engineers and help grow their skills and careers
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a software engineer.
- Your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your services, from design and development to operations and monitoring in production.
- You will work with people and teams from a variety of cultures located in different states and countries.
- Our software teams have a culture of flexible working locations and hours, and your director will work with you to enable this within the team.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, even if you’re not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You Need:
We have opportunities in our teams for managers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically have:
- 2+ years of people management experience within an Agile environment
- Experience managing teams that design, build, and operate the software they write
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A desire to make everything around you a little better every day
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
Wow, it’d be really great if also you have :
- Experience with helping teams scale and grow with the organization
- Experience building web services in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go).
- Experience managing distributed teams
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, SIP and REST.
- A passion for open source
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 5-8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension, depending on your seniority at the company
- Hospitalisation & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- 100% transportation reimbursed for journeys done by public transport
- Meal vouchers, eco-vouchers, and gift vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years. (Please note that the Belgian system grants legal holidays proportionally to the time you have served as an employee in Belgium the prior year)
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.