Sr. Front End Software Developer (Numbers & CX)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission:
The mission of our front-end developers is to make the Bandwidth user experience a competitive advantage by developing tools, workflows, and processes that empower our users to get the most out of our products. We want to build a user interface that is so intuitive and easy to use that our customers seek us out for the experience.
What You’ll Do:
Our product development teams are responsible for developing orchestration, integration, and automation tools that power global communications applications. We’re looking for software developers who will design and develop solutions, from proofs of concept to the production releases.
You’ll be collaborating closely with several other teams around the globe, including design, and authentication to build compelling user experiences that our customers depend on. With a growing organization and multiple educational platforms you’ll also have ample opportunity for mentorship and community while developing your own leadership skill set. We’ll count on you to think critically about what we’re building and how we’re building it while taking advantage of opportunities to own projects and architect new solutions.
What You Need:
We have opportunities in our teams for developers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically look like this:
- You’re a great communicator and can explain and document complex concepts in ways anyone can understand.
- You have a breadth of browser specific knowledge including HTML, CSS, and events
- You’ve consumed APIs while building front-end applications
- You’re passionate about writing testable code using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Cypress
- You’re familiar with debugging web applications using Chrome developer tools
- Continuous education is important to you, and you regularly keep up with and implement the latest web technologies.
Wow, it’d also be really great if:
- You’re familiar with GitHub actions and can write workflows for automation.
- You’re comfortable working in AWS
- You have experience working with GraphQL
- You know your way around Typescript
- Accessibility is important to you, and you know accessible best practices in semantic HTML
- You have experience using React Testing Library
- You’re an experienced mentor and leader
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
- Competitive compensation: $100,000 – $160,000
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.