Sr. Payroll Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Sr. Payroll Manager works on a vibrant Payroll team that’s located within our larger People Services organization. We’re a mission-driven team who’s focused on our people and how we can best work for and love the success of others. The Sr. Manager role oversees and administers all aspects of US payroll administration, maintains Workday system integrity in partnership with our Workday administrators, and delivers excellent service to Bandmates, managers and the People Services team. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate not only about numbers and data precision, but someone who loves collaborating, creativity, and constantly improving processes and systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as our payroll subject expert to process payroll for 1000+ exempt and non-exempt employees in the U.S. utilizing Workday. Also, support Workday maintenance and data integrity for our 300+ International Employees.
- Manage all payroll updates, new employee set-up, terminations, merit increases, promotions, payroll deductions, 401(k), and garnishments and benefit enrollments. Review payroll output and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Work with benefit vendor integrations.
- Load EIBs as needed for monthly and quarterly variable pay and maintenance.
- Interpret pay policies (e.g. vacation, disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensure amounts are calculated and applied correctly
- Maintain integrity of Workday. Review often for automation ideas for scalability.
- Direct quarterly and annual external and internal audit requests and SOX compliance initiatives.
- Work with ADP on tax filings and amendments as needed
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement of benefit programs and payroll procedures
- Provide excellent customer services to all Bandwidth teammates and outside customers
- Manage a team of 1-2 team members
What You Need:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance, or another related field
- 10+ years of payroll, and HRIS administration. 3-5 years Workday HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Time & Absence
- Knowledge of payroll journal entries to assist finance
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility with the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- CPP/PHR is a plus
- International Payroll knowledge as plus
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.