Sr. Product Manager (Voice & SMS)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to optimize Voice & SMS Services in Canada.
The role ensures the planning, procurement and provision of high quality and cost-effective Voice & SMS Services to meet the strategic and operational needs in Canada. The role encompasses managing the product roadmap, and relationships with the providers supporting our products and customers to deliver access to new cities and calling capabilities features, in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide product leadership to regulatory in matters related to expanding our Voice & SMS Services in Canada.
- Identify, negotiate and mange new suppliers and collaborate with internal teams in the assessment of technical, operational, legal, regulatory, financial & commercial environment.
- Create business cases for new services and suppliers. Ensure services are delivered in accordance with product management strategies.
- Maintain services delivered in accordance along with company requirements, coordinating with other product managers.
- Hold overall responsibility for all aspects of the Canada services, supplier’s services and oversee the end to end changes that affects day to day operational and business efficiency.
- Hold responsibility for the successful delivery of new suppliers into the business.
- Assess the requirements and ensure the implementation of telephone numbers, capacity, number portability, lawful intercept, directory and emergency services, SMS and mobile, in collaboration with regulatory, operational and technical support teams for the delivered Canada services and associated suppliers.
- Ensure efficient continued operational maintenance though cross-departmental collaboration and provide internal training to internal teams.
- Be the internal reference for carrier cost construction, monitoring and control within budget and targets.
- Act as escalation point for any request (technical, commercial, ordering, billing, etc.) concerning Canada services.
- Measure and report supplier performance in respect of quality and costs to meet business productivity requirements.
What You Need:
- Masters degree level or equivalent through experience
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Carrier Relations, Product Management, Procurement, and Project Management
- Canada telecommunications voice services market, competitors, products and network
- Understanding of regulatory requirements
Fluent in English (written and oral), additionally French language is a strong asset
- A customer obsessed mentality The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.