Sr. Product Manager (Voice Origination and Numbers)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Sr. Product Manager (Voice Origination and Numbers) at Bandwidth, you will be responsible for the P&L, overall growth and profitability of assigned product(s). This role that includes Vendor Management, Sales Support and Customer interaction. The Product Manager’s responsibilities focus on the operational aspects of the assigned product line including (but not limited to) a view on network strategy and enhancements, pricing, billing and compliance.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Will actively manage origination services and Numbers.
- Manage Tandem routing as a network function and product.
- Become the Bandwidth SME on assigned Products.
- Make informed decisions on product evolution based on metrics collected with each customer interaction.
- Provide strategic vision and guidance to Bandwidth Segment and Platform teams on product, market, network and customer trends and the development required to become and maintain status as a market leader.
- Actively work with and manage vendors and carriers in the ecosystem ensuring compliance with regulatory, legal and contractual requirements.
- Balance vendor costs between lowest price and highest level of service to provide a market leading product with high margins.
- Develop deep relationships with key carriers and vendors.
- Support Sales in new customer acquisition and customer retention activities to profitably grow margin dollars and top line revenue.
- Develop relationships with key customers.
- Support all existing internal process; improve where possible through process innovation or development across all internal platforms.
- Meet corporate financial targets for Margin and Revenue budget; be able to explain the drivers behind past and future performance.
- Provide pricing guidance to the Deal Desk and Strategic Pricing and support them in nonstandard and bundled deal reviews.
- Create and present executive level presentations as needed.
- Operate as key member in cross-discipline team composed of Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering
- Up to 25% travel may be involved
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 8 to 10 years of experience
- 6 – 8 years’ voice product management experience.
- History with US-based, SIP-based telecom networks; international a plus.
- Must work well in early-stage startup environments, where direction may pivot multiple times in a month based on market feedback
- Knowledge of telecom services and associated protocols (SIP, RTP, G.7xx, SMPP, WebRTC) helpful for success in this role.
- Understanding of North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA) and state PUC role in managing the availability, utilization, and operator access to North American numbering resources highly desirable. Knowledge of Canadian number management very helpful.role
- Understanding of FCC/state porting rules.
- Historical knowledge of TDM networks is a plus.
- Up to date understanding of current regulatory environment and pending actions.
- Experience developing financial models to assess the profitability of new business opportunities.
- Dynamic speaker able to address internal and external audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strategic thinker
- Experience with lifecycle management of existing products and launching new products, particularly in the communications industry, and demonstration of keen UX awareness.
- Vendor Management and negotiation.
- Strong initiative and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of an organization.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.