Sr. Program Manager (Software Development)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager (Software Development) who will take a leadership role in the management of key internal and external portfolios, programs, and projects, driving product development and large customer implementation objectives to achieve corporate goals. The successful candidate will be positive, energetic, committed, and adaptable and have the ability to inspire and influence with a willingness to take on challenges independently. Ultimately, we are looking for an excellent team player that demonstrates by example and drives organizational accountability and efficiency.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior Product leadership to meet strategic company objectives
- Manage a portfolio of products and initiatives for a market offer or domain
- Manage the value stream of a portfolio to meet company strategic objectives
- Drive value stream alignment and alignment between teams, domains, and market offers
- Work cross-functionally with leadership and stakeholders across the business
- Partner with product management to measure and monitor business value by evaluating ROI
- Drive alignment, prioritization, roadmaps, overall planning, and execution of deliveries
- Work cross-functionally to establish and manage successful delivery across the complete business initiative with complex interdependencies
- Foresee, manage, and raise appropriate visibility to risks and issues; own definition and execution of mitigation/contingency plans
- Build, support and maintain strong relationships across the organization to unite and prepare stakeholders for the change/delivery
- Ensure technical delivery, operational readiness across Bandwidth, and go-to-market launch activities are in sync for overall program delivery
- Improve existing standards and adhere to those standards for program management, including processes, methodologies, metrics and reporting to ensure the development and use of program management
- Develop new capabilities around the organization that change and improve organizational performance
- Manage a Portfolio, Programs or Projects as required
- Manage Organizational change
- Be a change agent
- Be an advisor for Portfolio, Program, and Project Management practices
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years program management experience
- Professional certifications: Project Management Professional, or other pertinent certifications/training (for example, Scaled Agile, e.g. SAFe)
- Experience partnering and collaborating with product, technology, and other business teams to collectively deliver on business and strategic goals
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Experience with Agile methodology and mindset
- Ability to adapt and maneuver in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills at all levels, including executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Critical thinker and solution-oriented problem solver
- Strong negotiator
- Technical discipline background / degree
- Knowledge of software development, Enterprise software delivery, SaaS/UCaas/Enterprise communications
- Familiarity with JIRA and Google’s suite of productivity tools
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.