Sr. Software Developer (Billing)
What We Do
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission:
On the Customer Lifecycle Automation team, our immediate mission is to build out a performant, scalable, and precise AWS solution to support generic Telecom billing. Our Big Harry Audacious Goal is to automate all contracting, provisioning, billing, auditing and invoicing flows.
What We Need:
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Billing) who gets things done and is capable of being a technical leader within the organization. Someone who sleeps, eats and breathes utilizing the cloud to solve complex problems. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new technology, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- You’ll drive end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team/organization, playing an influential role in overall product design
- You’ll drive a cloud first approach to solving some of the companies most complex business problems
- You’ll mentor other engineers on the team and across the organization
What You Need:
- 5+ years’ experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based (AWS preferred) production systems
- Excellent abilities in high level service design; modeling interfaces and internals in a properly modular, composable, and extensible ways
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Understanding and hands-on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Deep familiarity with best coding standards and proven record of high quality coding skills, ideally with modern Java frameworks
- Experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment; implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring, performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge
- Technical leadership to successfully execute and deliver on complex projects
- Ability to balance technical objectives with broader product and impact goals
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required. Ability to communicate with and present to engineers, senior management & relevant stakeholders
Little Extra From You
- You have deep experience with AWS (ECS, Fargate, API Gateway, Kinesis, S3 etc.) or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy
your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90
minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first