Sr. Software Developer (Data Infrastructure)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (Data Infrastructure) to work as a senior member of the Data Infrastructure Band, writing code and taking a leading role on critical applications. You will work directly with many of the core components of our nationwide voice and messaging network, and in the operational internals of major OSS and commercial applications. We are looking for someone that solves difficult challenges, thinks about architecture, and manages supporting infrastructure applications
What You’ll Do:
- Lead in the design, development, and review of code.
- Be instrumental in finding the right solutions to critical needs, often involving massive amounts of data and the
need to scale.
- Develop and refine our standards and processes to continue to grow our ability to develop world-class products.
- Take an architectural role, with administration and on-call responsibilities for critical application infrastructure.
- Design efficient processes, automation, etc., to support Bandwidth and a large developer community.
- Bake appropriate metrics, analysis, alerting, and sometimes machine learning into every solution.
- Understand the world of data at rest and in motion, with particular attention to security, SOX, and other
requirements along with developer needs with that world.
- Work with a high-functioning agile development team in sprints.
- Design, develop, and administer new and existing solutions for machine learning and other advanced analytics.
- Design and administer solutions for the storage, manipulation, analysis, and reporting of time-series data.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Engineering, particularly with Java or a very similar language like C# or C++
- 2+ years with other languages such as Python, Perl, or others that show a breadth of experience and knowledge
- 3+ years of significant responsibility in the architecture or design of software solutions
- Coding knowledge primarily in Java, using Spring / Spring Boot, with advanced Java skills and numerous libraries and supporting technologies.
- Architecture, configuration, administration and development with Kafka, KSqlDB, Kafka Connect, and other Kafka-related technologies.
- Familiarity with and ability to work with other languages and scripting languages, specifically React, Python, Perl, and bash scripts.
- Strong knowledge of Linux environments, Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools (GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Strong developer’s knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, particularly MySQL/MariaDB, Couchbase, Apache Ignite, and others, with Postgres, Redis, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server also being in the mix.
- Considerable experience in on-prem and cloud environments, especially AWS.
- Familiar with metrics and monitoring applications such as DataDog, Elastic, LogicMonitor, etc.
- Architecture, configuration, administration, and development with Apache Flink.
- Machine learning with Amazon SageMaker or similar tools.
- Architecture, configuration, and administration of ElasticSearch/ELK/Lucene.
- Experience with manipulating and preparing data for processing, such as for machine learning: prep, cleansing,
standardization, ETL, and imputation.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy
your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90
minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first