Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission
On the Emergency Voice Services (EVS) team, our mission is to be a global leader in 911 services by executing innovative solutions to connecting users to emergency services with fast, reliable, accurate 911 services. To sum it up, our mission is purposeful because we save lives for a living.
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our EVS software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code and lots of it.
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You’re a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for new and better ways to build things
- You have experience building web services
- You understand network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You have experience writing testable code and test automation patterns
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 5-8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension, depending on your seniority at the company
- Hospitalisation & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- 100% transportation reimbursed for journeys done by public transport
- Meal vouchers, eco-vouchers, and gift vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years. (Please note that the Belgian system grants legal holidays proportionally to the time you have served as an employee in Belgium the prior year)
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes..
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.