Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services)
What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 911 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission
On the Emergency Voice Services (EVS) team, our mission is to be a global leader in 911 services by executing innovative solutions to connecting users to emergency services with fast, reliable, accurate 911 services. To sum it up, our mission is purposeful because we save lives for a living.
What We Need
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our EVS software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- You’re gonna write great code and lots of it.
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You’re a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for new and better ways to build things
- You have experience building web services
- You understand network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You have experience writing testable code and test automation patterns
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.