Sr. Software Developer (Messaging)
What We Do
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Messaging) who will lead by example in designing and developing solutions for reputation management and number provisioning.
You are the right candidate if…
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
What You’ll Do
- You will create and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all
- Lead solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate
- Your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your services, from design to operations and monitoring in production.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have 5+ years of experience building web services in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go)
- Experience with front-end development, preferably with React
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience with scale and performance optimization
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have expertise in Java and Spring
- You’ve built and deployed applications for the cloud, preferably AWS
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
- Competitive compensation: $100,000 – $160,000
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.