Sr. Software Developer (Messaging)
What We Do
Bandwidth’s technology powers some of the most exciting brands on the planet. Our voice, messaging, 9-1-1, and number management products are evolving the way people communicate. In messaging, we process billions of messages per month, via a variety of communication channels – empowering customers to communicate freely at scale and not worry about our capacity.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Messaging) who will lead by example in designing and developing solutions for reputation management and number provisioning.
You are the right candidate if…
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
What You’ll Do
- You will create and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all
- Lead solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate
- Your team will enjoy full end-to-end ownership of your services, from design to operations and monitoring in production.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have 5+ years of experience building web services in a modern programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go)
- Experience with front-end development, preferably with React
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience with scale and performance optimization
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have expertise in Java and Spring
- You’ve built and deployed applications for the cloud, preferably AWS
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.