Sr. Software Developer (Programmable)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Programmable) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on a new development team. We’re seeking somebody who enjoys creating new products and enjoys the craft of software. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it.
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with, and support peers to write code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it
- You’ll play a critical role in establishing and maintaining the infrastructure of our production environment
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve been a software engineer for several years
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your test automation proves it
- Deep understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- You have experience designing web services and service oriented architectures
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’ve had some exposure to, and excitement about, containerization
- You have experience scaling event systems and high throughput services
- You have worked with WebRTC, SIP, or other real-time technologies
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.