Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support to department activities related to compliance with overall fiscal policies, monthly closing and reporting. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, be self-motivated to meet deadlines, ambitious, curious, able to apply analytical skills, able to critically review account activity and identify potential issues. As a participant in the monthly financial close process you will have the ability to streamline processes, participate in cross-functional projects, and participate in the creation of financial disclosures in the Company’s public filings.
You will be responsible for posting necessary journal entries in order to adjust account balances, monthly accruals or reclassifications, and document and report variances from expectations.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with month-end close procedures and schedules.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts, research any discrepancies and prepare appropriate journal entries for reconciling items.
- Reconcile, post and perform analytics on assigned general ledger accounts.
- Cross-train in other accounting team areas and peer review work prepared by other accounting team members.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year end schedules to support footnote disclosures and the year-end audit.
- Aid in the implementation of internal controls and documentation for the Finance department.
- Prepare schedules to support flux analysis to prior periods and expectations.
- Apply technical research to current procedures.
- Assist in answering auditor requests.
- Assist with special projects and perform other job-related tasks and assignments as assigned.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- 0-3 years of hands on experience within a Public Accounting and/or Corporate Accounting environment.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experienced in account reconciliations, journal entries and preparation of supporting schedules.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience researching cause and effect of account activity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer application skills (Microsoft Office Excel and accounting software, NetSuite a plus).
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.